Thread Rating:

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How To Set Up Uniform Soldier Aiming
Even een schaamteloze kopie vanaf het CTE forum over hoe je Uniform Soldier Aiming in zou moeten stellen..
Al is het gewoon aanzetten en op 100% dikke prima. Wat wel weer wennen is natuurlijk!

Source: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/for...051524581/

Hello! CTE tester here!

If you've looked in your input settings post patch, you'll see a lot of new sensitivity options, either right there on the main control options, or hidden in the advanced menu.
DON'T TOUCH EM YET! You need to LEARN about them first!

I was very much involved with coming up with the concept behind the option known as "Uniform Soldier Aiming" (Which I abbreviate to UsA). I'm basically the expert on this. The only person who knows it better is probably Jjju, the dev who coded it.

It's vital you read this guide before you go screwing around playing with sensitivity sliders, because you can end up ruining your muscle memory if you don't do things properly.

Please share this and comment if you find it useful, otherwise nobody will know of the glory of Uniform Soldier Aiming.

DEALING WITH FOV

If post patch, your turn rate felt funny and running felt slower, it's probably because the FOV system changed to become clearer. Basically before the FOV ran on the Hor+ fov system which many games use. The problem is that this hides the actual FOV number. BF4 actually runs on vertical FOV, which is the number on the left of the new FOV slider.

So if you ever want to geek out and do calculations involving FOV, the slider now tells you your actual screen independent FOV.

However if you want to set your FOV back to what it was pre-patch, you need to match the number on the right in brackets to your old FOV number. Once you do that, things should feel normal again.

UNIFORM SOLDIER AIMING

If you look at the options, especially the advanced options, you may see lots of separate aiming sliders and want to go "Oooh! look! I can set all these sliders how I want to have the sensitivities I want!".
DON'T DO THAT.

The problem is if you go setting all your options manually, you'll play around till it feels "good enough", and you probably wont set them at the proper levels.
We've come up with a proper way to set your sensitivities with each sight to the correct level without any effort, and because it follows a clever mathematical formula, it should be easier to learn, reducing any negative effect on your accuracy when you switch scopes.

This system is called Uniform Soldier Aiming.

WHAT DOES UNIFORM SOLDIER AIMING DO? (SIMPLE VERSION).

Uniform Soldier Aiming is meant to make your sensitivity feel the same when you switch between infantry ADS sights.

When UsA is OFF, if you switch from a close range sight like an RDS to an optical zoom sight like a X4 sight, you'll probably notice a jump in sensitivity. Typically the close range sights feel less sensitive, and the long range sights feel more sensitive, which isn't very helpful.

This is because the old system of compensating for the magnification of sights by reducing the turn rate was based on poorly tuned tables of sensitivity settings for each sight which didn't adapt to your base FOV.

If you turn UsA on (with stock settings), you should feel like the difference between sensitivity is no longer present. If you switch from 8x scope to canted iron sights, it should feel natural. If you use the flip up magnifier, it should feel natural. No matter what sight you use, your sensitivity should feel sensible.

This theoretically allows you to build up superior muscle memory.

HOW TO CONFIGURE UNIFORM SOLDIER AIMING FOR DUMMIES.

This is the method that I recommend everyone uses. If you don't want to read below and know what Uniform Soldier Aiming is actually doing, that's fine, just follow these instructions and you'll get all the benefit of Uniform soldier aiming.
If you're a CS:GO player you definitely shouldn't differ from this because according to the theory, this should get the sensitivity system working basically same way CS:GO does on it's telescopic rifles.

WARNING: Uniform Soldier Aiming changes sensitivities on your sights to try to make them better. Don't be surprised if it feels funny at first. Sensitivity changes always do.

Step 1: Make sure all your "sight" sensitivity options are at 100%
Sight specific sensitivity sliders are in the advanced part of the control menu. They need to be at their default 100% because they also alter sight sensitivities so they will interfere with the work of Uniform soldier aiming and you won't get a proper feel for the unadulterated effect of UsA.

Step 2: Make sure your soldier zoom sensitivity is at 100%
You should start off with no change to soldier zoom sensitivity to get a feel for the unadulterated effect of UsA. You might find that you don't need to change the soldier zoom sensitivity from 100% when UsA is enabled.
If you don't like it later, this can be changed.

Step 3: Make the Uniform Soldier Aiming Coefficient is at it's default.
The UsA Coefficient is hidden in the advanced menu again. It should be 1.33
You can learn what it does later, but I wouldn't recommend touching this until you know what it does.

Step 5: Turn on Uniform Soldier Aiming
It's in the control options.

Step 6: Consider Changing the option "Field of View Scaling in ADS"
Uniform Soldier Aiming makes your turn rate dependant on your ADS FOV. FOV Scaling heavily changes your ADS FOV on close range sights.
You might find that using UsA allows you to use ADS FOV Scaling on if you couldn't before, because it removes the perceived sensitivity reduction caused by the wide FOV with no change to sensitivty.
I like to call playing with UsA and FOV Scaling on "Oh man! This is just like counter-strike!" mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOI0DLY0r6s

I'm not saying you should or shouldn't change it. I'm just saying if you turned FOV scaling off before because it gave you nasty sensitivity, think it over again because now it doesn't effect perceived sensitivity.
Now you just have to choose whether you want high RDS fov or low RDS fov. It's purely up to you.

Step 7: TEST!
Play with Uniform Soldier Aiming on for a bit and see if you like it, then switch it off and see if you prefer that.
The best way to test is to try using loadouts that involve switching between close range and long range sights a lot. Canted irons show off the difference especially.
Be prepared to play worse for a bit because you always have to get used to changes in sensitivities.

Optional Step: Tweak zoom sensitivity (only if you must).
If you really need lower sensitivity when you go ADS, you can use the main zoom sensitivity slider to do that.
Only do it if you feel the need though.

DONE!
All that's left to do is decide whether you like it or whether you don't. I recommend you stick with it for at least a day before you write it off.

WHAT DOES UNIFORM SOLDIER AIMING DO? (ADVANCED MODE).

WARNING: Everything beyond this point may either make no sense or cook your brain.

Uniform sensitivity defines a "control distance" on your screen, a fixed distance from crosshair, and says "anything at that distance should take the same distance of mouse movement to aim at, at every scope FOV", then it uses clever maths to calculate how the mouse distance should translate to angular displacement changes to make that happen.

Or, if you use a console, it defines a distance on your screen from your crosshair, and says "anything at that distance should take the same amount of time to move to your crosshair if you move your joystick in it's direction at maximum displacement, no matter what the scope FOV".

Now if you are wondering what that control distance is, it's defined by the coefficient.
The distance from the cross hairs at which things are 100% uniform between different scope FOVs is equal to the distance from your crosshair, to the top of your screen, times the UsA coefficient.

So you must be wondering why the default coefficient is 1.33
First, because 1.33 seemed to work best, second, because that's what CS:GO used and compatability is awesome, and third, because when you times your vertical screen height by 1.33, you would get your horizontal screen width if you were using a 4:3 screen, which is the smallest aspect ration screen people use for games.

By setting a distance from your crosshair where it always takes the same distance/time to move an object to the centre of your screen, we provide a framework for our brain to work with as you build up muscle memory.

If anyone needs a more detailed description than that, you can ask.

There's more of this guide to come, but it's too long for one post, so cookies to the first person to bump so I can post the rest.
Bedankt voor het delen. Interessant wel.